Corrie & Comfrey's Kitty Tales

Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Class Act Arrives

My hotel was superb: Quiet, plenty of room, toys provided, grass in a pot, My own blanket. Wonderful. The 2nd day I made friends with one of the maids. Knew just where to scrubble My head and with a marvellously comfortable lap too. Allowed her to stroke Me for a while after breakfast until the sun was hot enough to lie on the 1st floor and snooze.

In the evening she brought my dinner. Joy of joys! 'Twas full of jelly. With an intriguing aroma of lamb and some herb I couldn't identify. Polished the bowl and then off to bed.

Next morning (after ministrations from the maid who brought with her a gently scratchy brush) there was a small commotion in the empty room next door as it was readied for another guest. Sweeping, cleaning, polishing and the like. Some time later the new arrival was conducted in with great ceremony. Most stately and dark orange with whiskers to die for and fur at least twice as long as it ought to be. A definite welcome addition to My circle of friends I was sure.

Let it settle itself in (Noticed the way it pushed the rather vulgar highly coloured toy to the rear with a single sweep of its paw. Made a mental note to practice that movement in private. Very classy) and then just happened to wander over to greet it. Utterly charming. We didn't speak of course but it also knew not to overdo the first meeting and moved away at just the right time. Up to the 1st floor in a lovely fluid movement that sent ripples through its wonderful fur and then it circled a few times on the mat before settling down for a nap. So did I. (My 1st floor was distinctly higher as Myself nearly stumbled on the edge but I felt I covered the tiny slip rather well and am sure it was scarcely noticeable. Chewed My claws a little before going to sleep as they kept catching in My blanket. Spat the bits neatly into a corner.) What breeding! What polished manners! A real class act!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home