Corrie & Comfrey's Kitty Tales

Saturday, August 12, 2006

All Is Far From Well

Is back. They collected me yesterday. But all is not well.

For a start the kitty hotel was not all it used to be. Food was scarce and no bikkies. No milk even. Had my blanket and my catnip toy and my usual room but the menu was mean-minded to say the least. Just not enough for a full-bodied cat like me. Is consequently very hungry and ready for dinner. Which wasn't ready.

Went out to reconnoitre - Cat flap has grown larger during my absence and steps are definitely not as steep - and discovered that the Magpie has been inviting friends in, CM has nosed around and the Squirrel has returned. My garden is a total wreck with holes in the lawn, cherry pips where I like to sleep and CM's fur on My plants where it has been wiping its unmentionables. What a home-coming. While the cat's away the local rabble takes full advantage. Shall have to Do Something about it.

Went out to the compost heap to suck on my catnip for inspiration to find that CM has eaten the last of it and that the dead chicken I left as a prezzie for Him on His bed was rejected and thrown away again. Why do I bother?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home