Corrie & Comfrey's Kitty Tales

Monday, March 16, 2015

Rocket's Rules - DO NOT TRUST A VET HOWEVER KIND THEY MAY SEEM

They went on holiday and I went to a very classy kitty hotel. Lots of space, lots of toys, and (Best Of All) lots of chicken to eat and a really nice girl who was my regular visitor.

Sadly it wasn't all good.

After 5 days I had an even worse headache and no appetite. When the lovely girl who came several times a day to play with me gave me the customary head scrubble I am sorry to say I used very Bad Language. And when I rushed back into my room the doorway was unaccountably smaller and it HURT when I banged my head. They pushed me rather unceremoniously into a small basket and called the vet.

I wish to draw a veil over what then happened but I was totally misled by the vet seeming to be so nice and when I woke up I was wearing a white stiff collar. Couldn't reach my face with my paws to wash or scratch and my head was horribly sore, but thankfully my appetite had returned. Moist freshly prepared chicken with yummy little crunchy biscuits in such a pretty white bowl. (A little on the small side but it was replenished several times a day.) There was a problem of how to get at the food for a while but the girl helped by guiding the collar over the bowl. It was even better when I just sat and she fed me the best bits by hand but it took a long time and I am a kitty of healthy appetite.

That was a few days ago and although I have been driven almost to distraction at being unable to wash (I much prefer being a Klean Kitty) or scratch the itchy places, I think I heard the collar is to be removed tomorrow. Thank goodness. I kept forgetting and banging it on things. But they were most understanding and gave me another room with a very wide opening. How kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home